Bobet snaps up a pair of promotional vouchers at Mango Tree, Grosvenor Place, Belgravia. The voucher entitles us to a fixed five course Thai meal (three starters, a main and a desert) from the Journey of Thailand Menu.
• Thai Snacks (Sweet turnip and crushed peanuts mixed with Thai herbs, flavoured with garlic, plum sugar & fish sauce; Golden pastry cup filled with minced prawn and chicken, sweet corn, vegetables and curry powder; Seaweed in three-flavoured Thai taste)
• Kai Kam Wan & Koong Tod (Grilled chicken breast topped with homemade medium spicy sauce; Deep fried prawn in batter served with exotic fruit salad and special dip)
• Moo Manoa & Tom Yam Wan Ton (Steamed fillet of pork mixed with spicy tom yam sauce; Mix and match of Thai spicy soup with chicken won ton and lemon grass)
• Roasted Duck Curry with Rice & Steamed Vegetable (Roasted duck curry with coconut milk, aubergine, sweet basil and steamed vegetables with garlic oyster sauce. Served together with steamed Thai jasmine rice)
• Guay Ob Ma Prow Sod (Banana and coconut pudding with caramel sauce and banana sorbet)
To drink I order a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, a light white wine. We also order some still water so we don't get too drunk at lunchtime - not sure that really worked for at least one of us
We spend the rest of the afternoon window shopping at Selfridges in Oxford Street, before the wine takes its toll and we go home for a nap. Our evening meal consists of a frozen pizza at midnight.